- The charge for copies of records may not exceed $5.00 for the first page
- $0.35 for each additional page.
- Up to a maximum of $250.00 for the entire medical record
- If a medical record exists in a digital or electronic format, the hospital may assess reasonable actual costs of staff time to create or copy the medical record and the costs of necessary supplies and postage. Actual costs may not include a retrieval fee or the costs of new technology, maintenance of the electronic record system, data access or storage infrastructure. Charges assessed under this paragraph may not exceed $150.00.
- Source: 22 ME Rev Stat § 1711-A (2018)